Yeah so when I was a little girl I really thought fifty was a big deal. I thought 50 year olds were old. When my mom turned fifty, I remember asking her questions like: “So how does it feel?” And she’d say: “Oh, it doesn’t feel much different than a year ago.” I could never see myself as almost or even near fifty, and if I did make it there, I thought it would be a miracle.
- The fact I can be myself. With no explanations.
- The fact that I am ME. Purely Myself, and I like myself. And who I’m becoming.
- The fact that life at this age, you kind of know what to expect. It doesn’t really get any easier, and it really doesn’t get any harder, either.
- The fact that I have an empty nest, and have had one most of my life And it’s OK.
- The fact that life is GOOD. I like keeping it simple, here.
- The fact I have lived my life in such a way that I look younger than 50; and being quite content with that.
- That all my nieces and nephews have grown up and I get to see what they’ve become.
- The fact that I can see what miniatures of them look like, now as well.
- The fact I can do #Netflix&chill …and be OK with just about a few eves a week. ( Why do we put the words ‘Netflix and chill’, together?” ) (What’s that about?)
I think my joy for living and helping others truly live and thrive – is what keeps me going. Someone, somewhere is often way worse off than I am, and I think it’s what keeps me going in the field in which I work, the life that I live, I know this. And I’m not doing all that bad, I guess.’
Again, just so you know… I will be writing about my “fifty days to fifty” series until I am done. I’ll be fifty a while, so.. stay tuned. 😉