I’ve taken to micro-blogging for the sake of a lack of time, and what you see here is the beginnings of my offering to you – as I share how I partake of my personal rest.
Self-care used to be hard for me. I have a very busy job and some days I get going and don’t settle at all til the evenings…rather late… Yet this picture here helps me find that and remember it. I try my best to make Sundays a Sabbath. The last few Sundays I have been pretty good with this goal. I’ve been successful in finding rest. Some try to often make us feel guilty for resting, but no, not I. For me, Sabbath is a place of resolve. And if I cannot find it at all…in any given day, then something’s wrong with my time management and self-care paradigm. I don’t care who tries to make me feel guilty, I won’t accept it. Even my husband .
(And he’s the one that initially turned me on to Sabbath! Interesting how easily we can get out of routine, huh….)
Want to rest with me on Sunda
Here’s how I do rest:
- I get a cup of tea.
- I spend time with a friend that may like to contemplate or quietly write.
- I go to a cafe’ and drink and journal.
- I spend time if it’s nice outside – drinking in the sun.
- I spend time near a body of water or in nature .
- I read a good book in a quiet corner.
- I laugh. I find a comedy movie, a friend who likes to tell jokes, and just chill.
- I gather perspective and I may go to yoga.
- I catch up with a friend or spend time writing a letter to them.
- I scrapbook.
- I have a pajama day.
My noted change has been: No dreading with the pre-Monday blues – because I feel rested On Monday , now – and ready for the day! Check out my links I post, or my blog posts.. you’ll find rest….😄 Please read this blog by Shelly Miller it’s on time for learning about how to rest. http://redemptionsbeauty.com/sabbath-society/ .
Keri Wyatt Kent is one of my favorite authors of books called: “rest.” Her blog is here:
http://www.keriwyattkent com is another good Sabbath blog.
Why not join me and rest?
Share every Sunday how you take time to relax in the weekend.
Thanks for reading. And sharing!